Tuesday, March 15, 2011

No need to be perfect

Hey ya'll. I know that its late and i should be sleeping, but i felt like i had to blog what's on my mind tonight. As i was getting cleaned up for bed, i was thinking about my life here in the beautiful state of Utah. I was thinking about how much i love it here. I do have to admit that at first i wasnt really sure i wanted to move to Utah. I didnt want to leave my family, but i prayed about it and well..... i ended up in Utah shortly after.
When i 1st moved to here, i wasnt sure i would like it. I mean I had lived here in Utah before, but now I was going to be far away from my parents and i was scared. This was going to be a new start for me. I would have to get used to living in the city again, instead of the small towns, like in Arizona and Arkansas.I started attending the local singles ward, which was kind of cool because i was now around young adults MY AGE!! Overtime i started attending the church activites, such as FHE. I eventually started making friends and started becoming happy again. I looked forward to attending church every Sunday and i couldnt wait until FHE on Mondays. In our singles ward group we have several different activites during the week, which is a great way to become better friends and even make the new people feel welcome.  Over the past few months, i have become good friends with a group of the other young adults. I LOVE MY SINGLES WARD!!!! In a way, everyone in the ward is friends with everyone else. We all talk to each and make sure everyone, including the visitors, are including in the different activites, classes, and groups. No one judges the other people. They dont judge you because your not the Hollywood perfect size 0. We do have those girls who are a size 0, but no body cares. People dont care whether your fat or skinny, tall or short. They dont judge you by whats on the outside, they judge you by whats on the inside. We have the tall men and women, and then we have the shorter men and women. That doesnt matter though. We are all really good friends and we support each other.
Anyways.... a couple weeks ago on a Monday, 2 of the guys and i were plowing the sidewalks before everyone else started arriving for FHE. This visitor by the name of Katie drove up. She was checking out our ward. She could of stayed in her warm car and watched us, but instead she got out and began helping me put salt on the sidewalks and stairs so that no one would fall on the ice. As we sat inside waiting for everyone else to arrive, her and i began talking. She introduce herself to me and we began talking about several different topics. Her and i found out we had quite alot in common, which was really cool. The next night a group of us went to the movies, and brought Katie along. I wanted her to feel comfortable in the ward and not feel like no one was paying attention to her, and we had a great time hanging out.
Well Katie has now been coming to our Singles Ward for a couple weeks now, and her and i are great friend. I feel as if Katie is that one special friend i have been searching for since i moved here, and i can see our friendship going far.
I now see that there is no need to try your best to be perfect. No one is perfect, and no one wants to be perfect. We are all one big family and nothing can ruin that!!!!!

NO NEED TO BE PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment