So the other day i was cruising through facebook and came upon a message that one of my Arkansas church friends had sent me last year sometime. That message really made me think for awhile today. It made me realize that i controlled how my church life went in Arkansas. If i wasn't happy, it was because i simply didn't try hard enough. I didn't make an effort to spend time with the girls my age, instead i chose to hangout with the girls younger than me.
At school, i isolated myself. I thought i had friends at school, but we were only friends AT school. We only hung out a couple times outside of school time. We graduated high school in 2009, and believe it or not we no longer talk to each other. After high school graduation, all my classmates seemed to go their separate ways. Some people do still remains friends and even attend college together, but people have moved on with their lives. Every so often i do get the opportunity to talk to some of my old classmates, but we have nothing to say to each other, so the conversations are AWKWARD!!!!!!!!
Anyways..... high school is over and its time to just move on. I live in Utah, and i need to make my own life. I have a great singles ward here and i LOVE my ward. Everyone is nice. I attend as many church activities as i can and i love them. I always look forward to seeing my church friends and hanging out with them. In a way, i am friends with most of the people in my ward. It's hard to believe i have already lived here in Utah for almost 7 months!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment